|Presidential Search Committee||Progress Reports|
|Learn More About BRCC|
|About our Service Area|
The Board of Trustees has announced that the search is underway for the next President of Blue Ridge Community College (BRCC).
A search committee will review, screen, and evaluate the credentials and application materials of potential candidates and recommend candidates for interviews with the Board of Trustees.
The Board of Trustees has joined with Donny Hunter with the North Carolina Association of Community College Trustees to aid in recruiting a highly qualified and diverse pool of candidates. Dr. Hunter will advise the Board and the search committee at each stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Updates and additional information, as soon as they are available, will be posted to this webpage in order to keep the College faculty and staff and the community informed about the process and progress of the search for the new Blue Ridge Community College president.
|Board of Trustees
John C. McCormick, Jr., Committee Chair
BRCC Faculty Council Chair
Information Technology Instructor
Retired public school administrator
Superintendent, Henderson County Public Schools
Community volunteer and health care provider
BRCC Student Government Association President
Chief Academic Officer,
Transylvania County Schools
Superintendent, Transylvania County Schools
CEO, Cason Builders
BRCC Director of Human Resources
Executive Director, Transylvania Economic Alliance
Commercial Lending Officer, Entegra Bank
President, SELEE Corporation
Richard "Duke" Woodhull, Jr.,
|September 27, 2016||Board of Trustees approves composition of search committee, request for proposals for search firm, and presidential search survey|
|October 17, 2016||Board of Trustees selects Donnie Hunter, North Carolina Association of Community College Trustees to assist with the search for the College's fourth president.|
|October 18, 2016||Board of Trustees invites College stakeholders to participate in Presidential Search Survey|
|October 18 to November 1, 2016||Presidential Search survey is open online|
|December 12, 2016||Presidential Search Committee approves the top qualities and credentials that the next President should possess and creates Presidential profile.|
|January 4, 2017||Application process will be posted on College website|
|February 8, 2017||Presidential Search Committee meeting|
|February 27, 2017||Presidential Search Committee meeting
10 to 12 finalists are identified
|March 27, 2017||Board of Trustees meeting
Four to six finalists are identified
|April 27 to May 4, 2017||Finalists interview with Board of Trustees; Finalists visit campus to meet with constituents|
|May 17, 2017||Board of Trustees announces new President, pending final approval by State Board of Community Colleges.|
- Earned doctorate degree from an accredited college or university strongly preferred, master’s degree required.
- A minimum of three years senior level community/technical college leadership experience or equivalent required.
Desired Traits and Characteristics
- An administrator of high integrity who sets high standards for his/her self and others and expects full accountability
- The ability to instill in others a passion for the mission and core values of the College
- An innovative and creative leader committed to academic excellence and student success, possessing the ability to inspire and motivate faculty and staff to fulfill their responsibility to the maximum extent while providing high quality and accessible programs and services to students
- Demonstrated ability to work to resolve controversial issues and problems in a timely and fair manner and a demonstrated willingness to make tough decisions
- A visible leader who is accessible to all constituents within the colleges and greater communities and works well with students, faculty, classified staff, and administration
- A proven commitment to using the talents and skills of faculty, staff, and other stakeholders in the decision-making process
- A demonstrated ability to use collaborative leadership skills to build and implement effective plans that include actively supporting the development of partnerships between the College, business and industry, other educational organizations, cultural entities, and civic organizations throughout our service area
- Is an articulate spokesperson for the College, locally, statewide, and nationally; and is politically astute with proven advocacy skills and a solid understanding of local, state, and national legislative processes and issues.
- Has a record of employing and developing outstanding personnel
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative programs and work with others to support the economic development efforts of the service area
- A demonstrated ability to effectively oversee the management of fiscal affairs, to ensure the equitable and effective allocation of resources, and to expand the resource base of the district with a proven ability to obtain additional funds for the College through alternative means
- An understanding and appreciation of the proper relationship between the Board and the President
To make general inquiries about Blue Ridge Community College, contact Ms. Brenda Conner, Board Search Liaison, at (828) 694-1705 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make confidential inquiries about the position, the application process, or search process, contact Dr. Donny Hunter at office (919) 467-9754 ext. 223 or mobile (919) 809-2423, or email email@example.com.
|Progress Report #1: February 13, 2017
About our Service Area
Blue Ridge Community College’s service area includes Henderson and Transylvania Counties in Western North Carolina. Henderson County’s population in 2015 was 112,655 and Transylvania County's was 33,211. The College’s main campus is in Henderson County near Flat Rock, NC. Its other campus is in Brevard, NC. The major employers in the service area are manufacturing, healthcare, and tourism.
Or use the BRCC online contact form.
Henderson County Campus
180 W. Campus Dr.
Flat Rock, NC 28731
Transylvania County Campus
45 Oak Park Dr.
Brevard, NC 28712
Administrative Office Hours
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.