Licensures & Certifications
BRCC offers the following continuing education classes to obtain or renew licenses and certification.
- Adobe Certified Expert (ACE)
- American Welding Society (AWS)
- AutoCAD Certified User
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate
- Craft Beer
- Escort Vehicle Certification
- Independent Auto Dealer
- Manufacturing Skills Standard Council
- National Institute of Metalworking Skills
- Notary Public Education
- OSHA (Dept of Labor)
- Real Estate
- ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification
- Standard Code Inspection
Escort Vehicle Operator
Pilot Car/Escort Vehicle Operator Certification Program
- Escort for OVERSIZE/OVERWEIGHT LOADS
- Start your own business as a Pilot Car/ Escort Vehicle Operator
- Get Certified to escort OVERSIZE AND OVERWEIGHT LOADS
This class satisfies the requirements set by the North Carolina Department of Transportation to certify Oversize/Overweight load escort vehicle drivers. Course components consist of defensive driving, escort driver requirements, skills training and licensing examination.
Independent Auto Dealer License Renewal Course
The Small Business Center at Blue Ridge Community College is pleased to present the Independent Auto Dealer License Renewal Course. This course will meet the six-hour continuing education requirement for your license renewal as ordered for Independent Auto Dealers by House Bill 432.
Study will include topics such as Salesman License/Registration, Bill of Sale, Warranties, Repossessed Vehicles, Tag Requirements and other State required information.
No classes are currently scheduled. Information is provided below to assist you in locating a class.
Contact information for community colleges who also offer this class:
- Asheville-Buncombe CC, Asheville, NC Jo Ann Gipe 828-254-1921 ext 5850
- Catawba Valley CC, Hickory, NC Louise Garrison 828-327-7000 ext 4326
- Cleveland CC, Shelby, NC Susan Martin 704-484-5324
- Haywood CC, Clyde, NC Rinda Green 828-565-4243
- Isothermal CC, Spindale, NC Noel Isham 828-286-3636 ext 223
- Mayland CC, Spruce Pine, NC Linda Herbst 828-765-7351 ext 240
- Mitchell CC, Statesville, NC Beverly Hedrick 704-878-4266
- Southwestern CC, Sylva, NC Scott Sutton 828-586-4091 ext 450
- Western Piedmont CC, Morganton, NC Eddie McGimsey 828-448-6719
Auto Dealer - Initial
Blue Ridge Community College does not offer the initial auto dealer course.
The class is offered at:
- Alamance CC, Graham, NC - Reggie Turner (336)578-2002
- Central Piedmont CC, Charlotte, NC - Clarine Moore (704) 330-4122
- Surry CC, Dobson, NC - Wayne Matthews (336) 679-4600 ext. 5226
Click here for additional resources: Associates for Professional Development
Notary Public Education
The State of North Carolina requires those who want to be commissioned by the Secretary of State as a Notary Public to complete a course of instruction at a community college. Students must be 18 years or older; live or work in NC; have a high school diploma or an equivalent ( High School Equivalency Diploma); and speak, read, and write English. Students receive instruction on the application process as part of the course. Students will be required to provide a government issued picture ID such as driver's license. (0.6 CEU)
See current Continuing Education Course Schedule for dates and location of upcoming classes.
Real Estate Postlicensing Courses
Blue Ridge Community College offers courses designed to assist the provisional broker to meet the 90-hour post-licensing educational requirements set forth by the North Carolina Real Estate Commission.
Broker Contracts & Closings
Real Estate Broker required training to assist the provisional broker to meet the 90-hour post-licensing educational requirements set forth by the North Carolina Real Estate Commission. Get 30-hours of post-licensing education. This course consists of high level advanced instruction covering contracts and closing. This course will also discuss license status and education issues.
RLS-8703-511 | Textbook: NC Real Estate Manual | (3.0 CEUs)
Dates to be announced
Register soon. Class size is limited. If you wait, your class may be full or may be canceled because of low number of registrations.
Notice from the NC Real Estate Commission October 7, 2011: A license issued to a resident provisional broker shall be issued on inactive status. In order for a provisional broker license to be eligible for active status, the provisional broker must affiliate the license with a qualified broker-in-charge. Additionally, in order for the license to remain eligible for active status, the provisional broker must complete at least one 30-hour postlicensing course on or before his or her first anniversary date of licensure. The provisional broker must further complete a second and third postlicensing course on or before the second and third respective anniversary dates of licensure in order to retain the eligibility for "active" license status. Please note that postlicensing education requirements are in addition to continuing education requirements and the two are not synonymous.
Standard Code Inspection
Currently, no code classes are scheduled.
Contact us for information on our next scheduled classes, or to suggest a class that would meet your needs.
- Code Enforcement: Law Administration
- Building Inspection Level I
- Building Inspection Level II
- Building Inspection Level III
- Electrical Inspection Level I
- Electrical Inspection Level II
- Electrical Inspection Level III
- Fire Prev. Inspection Level I
- Fire Prev. Inspection Level II
- Fire Prev. Inspection Level III
- Mechanical Inspection Level I
- Mechanical Inspection Level II
- Mechanical Inspection Level III
- Plumbing Inspection Level I
- Plumbing Inspection Level II
- Plumbing Inspection Level III
Monique Eaker, Corporate Training Specialist