Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET)
Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) is designed to give students the essential skills required for entry-level employment as law enforcement officers with the state, county, or municipal governments, or private enterprise.
Successful graduates are qualified to take the certification examination as mandated by the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education and Training and Standards Commission and or North Carolina Sheriff's Education and Training and Standards Commission.
Basic Enforcement Training is designed to equip the student with the basic skills, knowledge, and ability to function as an inexperienced law enforcement officer in the state of North Carolina. This program-certification is a prerequisite to be a sworn law enforcement officer in the state. Advanced law enforcement training is designed for certified law enforcement officers to enhance their skills, knowledge and ability to function as an experienced law enforcement officer.
- Steps for BLET Enrollment Process
- Download application and enrollment form or pick up on campus in Patton 223.
- Entrance Requirements / Prerequisites can be found at the North Carolina Department of Justice.
- Entrance requirements are also provided in detail within the BLET student application.
For more program information and entrance requirement questions:
Reading Requirements and Test dates
You must call and reserve a seat for the reading test: (828) 694-1739.
Call the number above for testing dates for the day 2015 class.
Currently accepting applications. Apply Now.
Day BLET Program Schedule
- Starts: January 2016
- Enables the student to complete the program in half the time of a traditional program offering
- Length is 4 months
- Class meets Monday through Friday
- Mostly 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (with few adjustment to hours made for night training requirements, such Patrol Techniques and Driver's Training)
- 5 until 6 p.m. for approximately 3 months, three days per week for Physical training
You may print the following forms-application from this webpage. Please review, print and complete all forms listed below. The forms below and supporting documents below must be completed before your interview.
- Admission, Policies and Procedures, Fees and Checklist
- F-3 (Personal History Form/Statement)
- Sponsorship Form
Required Medical forms:
The forms below can be completed/submitted after your interview:
- Medical Screening Guidelines (to be reviewed and taken to your physician).
- F-1 (to be completed by the applicant and reviewed by a Physician).
- F-2 (to be completed by a Physician/Physician's Assistant/Nurse Practitioner or Surgeon licensed to practice to practice medicine in North Carolina).
- Cholesterol Screening Report ( to be completed by a Physician, etc. as stated above).
- Medical Release Form (to be completed by a Physician etc as stated above).