Work-Based Learning (WBL) is an educational program that combines classroom instruction with practical work experience that is directly related to a program of study. The program’s mission is to enhance student knowledge by combining classroom learning with hands-on work experience.
Employer’s WBL Benefits:
- Saves training time
- Reduces employee turnover
- Allows for careful pre-screening of trainees
- Provides an excellent source of highly motivated employees
- Increases productivity by freeing your staff for more creative work
- Promotes positive public relations among the community, businesses, and BRCC
- Agree to provide the student with a supervised work experience
- Help make training an educational experience
- Assist the student in developing measurable learning objectives
- Provide orientation regarding company rules and regulations
- Inform the student of company expectations
- Assure a safe working environment
- Evaluate the student’s progress
Contact Scott Adams for more information on establishing a WBL agreement customized to your business’s needs at (828) 694-1734 or email@example.com.
Student WBL Benefits:
- Academic Credit
- Work Experience
- Employment Contacts
- On-The-Job Training
- Enhanced Resume
- Be enrolled in a curriculum program offering Work-Based Learning
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Have completed 12 semester hours in a diploma program
- Have a faculty recommendation
- Complete a Work-Based Learning Application Form
- Arrange and/or approval of Work-Based Learning Worksite
- Register and Pay for Work-Based Learning
- Attend a Work-Based Learning Orientation
Contact Scott Adams for more information on participating in a WBL program at (828) 694-1734 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
is a free service for job seekers and employers.
Henderson County NCWorks
180 West Campus Drive
Flat Rock, NC 28731
Continuing Education Building, Room 125
8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Transylvania County NCWorks
45 Oak Park Drive
Brevard, NC 28712
Straus Building, Room 141
7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
BRCC is closed on Fridays through July 22.