Find My Username and ID
Moodle and WebMail Username and ID Tutorial
At Blue Ridge, you are assigned 3 accounts for which you need a "username" and a "password". See the Account Chart for details.
Your Username (also known as User ID) for WebMail, Moodle, and WebAdvisor are the same. Please use these two terms interchangeably User ID = Username.
Your password for Moodle (but NOT WebAdvisor) is your "Colleague Student ID number", PLUS your Date of Birth. For example:
- Your Student ID is 0123456 (7 digits) and your Birth date is 01/18/1972
- Your Moodle temporary password will be 12345601181972 (with no leading zero's from your student ID)
1. To find your Username, go to WebAdvisor by clicking the WA icon or by navigating to http://online.blueridge.edu and click the "Student" link
2. Under the menu "User Account", click "What's My User ID?"
3. A "What's My User ID" screen appears. Type in your last name ON RECORD and Social Security number (no dashes or spaces) or seven digit Colleague Student ID number if you know it. Click SUBMIT.
This screen now shows your user ID- (Username) it is very important that you write this down.
NOTE: Your BRCC Webmail address will include this firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Now in any browser EXCEPT Chrome, click your browser's BACK button and your student ID number will fill in underneath your Social Security number.
5. The next screen will display your username, social, and Colleague Student ID number: Be sure to write this down.
With this information, you are ready to login to Moodle. Follow the steps on this tutorial to complete your Moodle and Webmail set-up.
New to Moodle?
Get up to speed with the
Student Guide to Moodle
Summer Term 2016 Hours
Monday through Thursday,
7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
BRCC is closed on Fridays
through July 22.
Evenings & Weekends
24/7 Support (Toll Free)