Open Computer Lab
The Open Lab has Windows PCs and Apple computers with internet access available for BRCC student and employee use. The Lab is staffed with student monitors familiar with the Distance Learning online format who are available to assist you with:
Henderson County Campus Open Lab
Fall Semester 2016 Hours
Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Open only when classes are in session.
Location: Technology Education and Development Center, Room 102
Instructors, please contact Leah Knowles (x1646) before bringing an entire class to the lab.
Open Lab Rules
- The Open Lab is not for public access.
- BRCC Student /Employee Identification (ID) Card required at sign in
- Student ID card will be held at the Lab Monitor's desk and returned upon sign out.
- The computers in the Lab do not have speakers. If you need to access audio media, please bring your own headsets/earphones/earbuds. The Lab will not supply those.
- The purpose of the Lab is for academic work only.
- The Lab monitors cannot help you with course content assignments, tests, etc.
- Please be considerate of others working in the lab, do not gather for group projects or group work.
- Loud talking, laughing or other disruptions will not be permitted.
- No food in the Lab. Only screw-top bottled drinks allowed.
- If you need to save work you are doing in the Lab, please bring your own flash drive.
- If you need to access files from a course CD, please ask the Lab monitor for assistance.
- Online games which affect the college's bandwidth are not permitted.
- Do not change settings, turn off, or attempt to "fix" or move any computer.
- File sharing copyrighted materials such as MP3 files is not permitted.
- Cell phones are to be placed on vibrate and all calls taken outside the Lab.
- Lab phone is not for student use.
- The BRCC Visitors policy will apply in that children should not be in the lab or using the campus network. The BRCC Visitors policy is available in the Student Handbook.
- The BRCC Academic Honesty policy will apply. It is the student's responsibility to know and understand this policy. The BRCC Academic Honesty policy is available in the Student Handbook.
For more details about Computer usage and the Open Lab at BRCC, please see page 57 in the:
New to Moodle?
Get up to speed with the
Student Guide to Moodle
Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Evenings & Weekends
24/7 Support (Toll Free)