New to Distance Learning
Quick Jump to:
Moodle Orientation Information:
Online Course Information:
Blue Ridge Community College posts a Course Requirement Outline (CRO) for every fully online course being offered in the upcoming semester. These outlines provide students useful information that can can help them determine their ability to be successful in a particular online course prior to registering for that course.
At this time, there are no Course Requirement Outlines available for seated courses and/or hybrid courses (seated courses with online documents are available in Moodle).
|"Get the 411" on requirements and outlines for fully online courses|
Types of Course Instruction:
- Internet: fully online with an Instructor
- course sections 200+ (201, 202, etc.)
- Some IN classes may require proctored exams. Be sure to ask your instructor.
- Hybrid: meets in class and some work online
- some "seat time on campus", plus Internet time with an Instructor
- course sections 300+ (301, 311, 321, 331, etc.)
- ITV Interactive Television: scheduled Interactive TV room, plus possible work online
- seat time at BRCC, branch, or remote location
- usually (but not always) with Internet component
- course sections 101, 111, 121, 131, etc.
- courses are Internet based, mostly self-paced courses for personal enrichment in Continuing Education
Important Links for Distance Learners
The icons in the top left corner of your browser are important tools in the DL landscape.
When do I?
For Moodle Orientation dates:
New to Moodle?
Get up to speed with the
Student Guide to Moodle
7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
BRCC is closed on Fridays through July 24.
BRCC Help Desk
Evenings & Weekends
24/7 Support (Toll Free)